Monday, February 23, 2009

Cover Letters

I actually found almost all the information given in the collegegrad article to be very helpful, mainly because i know absolutely nothing about writing a good cover letter. One of the more interesting things that I found out was that the cover letter is not actually read first. I always just kind of figured since it was the "cover letter" that the employers always read this first, but actually its one of the last things read. I think another very point made was about the mass email. I havent sent many off because i have not applied to many companies, but this does actually sound like a bad idea. This kind of reminded me of Angie's story with App State. I think the only way to avoid this is to actually make each and every cover letter unique for different companies, even though this may take a little more time to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment